Throughout the past six years of existence, SOSUCCA has collaborated with over 7 partner organizations and implemented over 12 community projects. SOSUCCA’s key programs Areas are:
- Capacity building of SOSUCCA mainly aimed at reviewing and enhancing the organization’s policies, structure, functions, as well as management and administration so as to improve SOSUCCA’s administrative and socio-economic activities programmes.
- Livelihoods and agriculture services targeting community capacity building and empowerment through training, extension services and provision of basic inputs to enhance income generation activities, marketing and other related off-farm socio-economic activities
- Civic Education focusing mainly on advocacy, peace building awareness creation on the rights of citizenry on the issues of national constitution making, voter education and training of election monitors, transitional justice and enlightenment on the existing Acts/Bill of Rights aimed at improving the community decision-making process.
- Health with emphasis on HIV/AIDS awareness raising, prevention and control, water and sanitation as well as hygiene practices and malaria control and prevention. This is an integrated approach.
- Protection (Gender mainstreaming, GBV, and child protection). This aims at improving access, response and promotion of services to GBV survivors, child abuse victims.
- Peace building which seeks to create awareness on national dialogue initiative, grassroots peace efforts through focus group discussions, school clubs and drama performances.
Areas of operation:
SOSUCCA is a national NGO which is mandated to operate across the country but currently operates in former Central Equatoria (Yei, Morobo, Lainya and Juba) Western Equatoria (Mundri and Tambura, Eastern Equatoria, Magwui-Nimule and Jongle state in Bor only
PAST AND ONGOING PROJECTS PERFORMANCE
|S/NO||PROJECT NAME||YEAR||DONOR||COST In USD||REMARK|
|Strengthening Youth participation in Peace Building and Social Cohesion in South Sudan||2019||Het X-Y Actiefonds||18,000||Ongoing|
|Human Rights Protection||2019||Urgent Action Fund-Africa||4300||Ongoing|
|Speak For Peaceful South Sudan||2 days 2018||CIVICUS||3000||completed|
|Training Youth and Women on nonviolent approaches in Mundri||2018||AJ Muste Memorial Institute||4000||completed|
|Linkages in Yei||2018||Intrahealth||128,537||completed|
|Community HIV/AIDS Project||2010||PSI||3600||Completed successful|
|Community Based Livestock project||2014||GlobalGiving||7000||Successful|
|Trauma healing project in Yei||2016||APF||5,000||Completed successful|
|Awareness creation on HIV/AIDS through drama||2011||PSI||7200||Completed successful|
|Community led total sanitation||2011||PSI||3600||Completed successful|
|Condom Promotion project||2012||PSI||18000||Completed successful|
|Malaria Campaign program||PSI||5,000||Completed successful|
|children and youths initiative for sexual reproductive health||2012||HIV/AID International Alliance through IPCS||10000||Completed successful|
|Global Youth Service Days||2013||Youth Service America||1000||Completed successful|
|Global day of citizen’s Action||2014||CIVICUS||1000||Completed successful|
|Youth as agent of peace||2014||Alie and Kicking||In kind||Completed successful|
|Empowering Vulnerable women through knowledge and Awareness to Address Violence Against Women.||2013,2014||British Council||4000||Completed successful|
|Enhancing FSW Capacity to prevent HIV/AIDs spread in Yei County||2015||USAID through Pact South Suda||19,000||Completed successful|
|Engagement with CSOs and Community on signed peace agreement||2015||Justice Africa||9000||Completed successful|
|Increasing youth engagement in peace building initiatives in Yei||2016||APF||10,200||completed|
|Global Awareness on citizen action||2016||CIVICUS||3500||completed|
|Strengthen SOSUCCA capacity||2016||USAID/FARM||95,200||Completed successful|
|Linkages||2017||Intra Health||68,500||Completed successful|